Pages

Monday 3 October 2011

Revelations

I'm not a great sleeper at the best of times but when I have an idea, plan, problem it is much worse.  The other night I was awake most of the night as my brain reeled with what I wanted/needed to do.  It's funny how revelations come about.  Mine were like a chain reaction. My first and initial reaction to my children fighting was that they have no idea how good they have it.  Next, they are spoiled, then, they have too much stuff, and lastly, I buy too much stuff.  My whole plan was to unspoil them so they have a better understanding of what it means to have something.  But in mulling this over in my head I realize that this is less of a lesson for them than it is for me.  This is really and truly my problem, not theirs.  As much as the hunt is a high the realization that I need to stop is like bitter medicine...difficult to swallow.  
I'm flawed.  Well, at least, I've never claimed that I wasn't.  Actually, I know many of my flaws.  Some I love, some I hate but I accept them all as my own.  I just never realized that shopping was one.  Really.  I have always prided myself on being thrifty.  I don't spend a lot on myself.  I always look for the very best deal for everything.  How is this a problem?  How could this possibly be a problem?  Well, it's not.  But when it becomes buying for the sake of the good deal that the problem arises.  That is the BIG revelation for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment