Pages

Thursday 6 October 2011

You've got mail

Came home today with presents on my front step.  Oh. oh. ooooh.  A little bit of that anxious went away. Not as good as being there to be handed the boxes but close.  Yes, still good.  Before you go all disappointed in me let me tell you what it was.  Nothing really fun.  Grey ski pants and boots for Chick1 and a pair of legging for Chick2.  I wouldn't have bought the legging except that shipping was $8 unless I spent $8 more dollars.  The leggings were, basically, free and she needs pants.  A wee bit of a high, still.  
I wonder why we never seem to outgrow the excitement of something coming in the mail.  I love to watch my girls when their monthly magazine comes.  It is always utter joy.  My mom sends valentines cards in the mail to all her grandchildren because she understands the thrill.  You would think after 15 years of getting my own mail that it might not have the same magic for me.  Wrongo.  Everyday I check the mail immediately after the postal carrier comes.  Everyday.  I'm always disappointed when we don't get anything.  I'm also disappointed when all that is in there is a bill.  I've been known to leave a bill sitting in my mailbox for a week until I get something worth pulling everything out.  Yes, I just might be certifiable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment