Pages

Thursday 6 October 2011

Irreconcilable differences

I took a small step forward today.  I got rid of a really big toy that was taking up space in my basement.  Do you know Butterscotch the horse?  If not, feel lucky.  Butterscotch is an animatronic horse the size of a Shetland pony.  It makes noises, responds to your voice and is all round kinda creepy.  Well, Butterscotch has been looking a little worse for wear lately.  Her ears and tail had fallen off, her fur was rubbed off in many spots and she didn't really work anymore.  Actually, I think her neck was broken.  So I put her out to pasture today.  Which is a really nice way of saying she's gone to the dump.  I wonder how long it will be before the kids realize she is missing?  They did still play with her once in a while.  I wonder if Maple will wonder where she has gone?  Who's Maple you ask?  Maple is the other horse the size of a slightly smaller Shetland pony.  Yes, we have (HAD!) two horses.  Thankfully, Maple doesn't make any noises and she is in much better shape so she gets to stay, for now.  
You might think that it's not really a big deal that I threw out a broken toy.  But it is.  This  horse was a gift for Chick1 from my parents and sister and it was really expensive.  So I have extreme guilt over this.  How could I just throw out such an expensive gift?  I AM glad that I did get rid of the toy but I am still reconciling my feelings.  It seems to me that it just might be irreconcilable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment