Pages

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Black Friday Reality

This not buying is hard.  I haven't bought for 2 days and already I feel anxious.  These 2 days I have spent an enormous amount of time looking online and in catalogues at STUFF.  But it's only the things we need or could need or for Christmas so it's okay.  Chick1 and Chick2 (my girls) do NEED a couple of things.  Snowsuits for both, pants and underwear for Chick2.  I've been searching for the snowsuits.  This is the kind of purchase that is hard for me.  It gets cold here in the winter.  Like -40 cold.  They both walk to school so they need warm suits.  NEED them.  And yet the ones I want to buy are great quality and are even on sale so why don't I just get them?  It's not a good enough sale.  I want/need them to be cheaper.  It's killing me that I'm going to have to spend that much to get what we need.  In the end I will order them because I know it's worth it.  And besides, ordering them online means it gets shipped to my door.  And when that happens it's just like Christmas.  Breathe deep, baby, you'll feel better in just a minute.
I'm hoping to experience Black Friday shopping this year.  I've heard it's the ultimate in bargain shopping.  I'm dying to go.  I've got a few choices on where I could go.  Just 3 hours away is half decent US shopping, 8 hours is a great outlet mall, or Phoenix, where my parents have a house so I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel.  I've researched the cost of flying and rental car vs driving and paying for hotel.  It's close to the same.  Of course, if I drive I could by more and bigger b/c I wouldn't have to worry about taking it home on a plane.  I'm buzzing just thinking about it.   
As my buzz starts to wear off I remember reality.  Reality is that my kitchen is in desperate need of repair.  Reality is that I need to upgrade my schooling.  Reality, reality, reality.  Reality is Chick1 and Chick2.  

No comments:

Post a Comment